The Blanke PERMAT tile underlayment is an innovative uncoupling tile underlayment that offers all the labor saving benefits of the old plastic tile underlayment roll systems. The Blanke PERMAT also adds support to wood substrates thereby reducing deflection and provides greater compression and tensile strength than plastic tile underlayment roll products. The Blanke PERMAT is stable to walk on during installation and does not require additional curing time when installing porcelain with latex modified thinset.
Properties of Permat Tile Underlayment
- Strengthens wood substrates
- Reduces vertical subfloor movement (deflection)
- Superior compressive strength
- Superior tensile strength
- Crack isolation properties (uncoupling)
- Superior resistance to delamination during installation
- No extended cure time for latex modified thinset mortars under porcelain tile
- Lightweight; easy to install
- Self-seaming panels prevent substrate movement stress from transmitting to tiled surface
- 1/8" thick
- Permanent Support of high quality floorings - ex: stone, marble
- Assures HIGHEST protection for your construction project
- Each sheet of Permat is 2' x 3' 2"
Permat Tile Underlayment Warranty Info.
Permat tile underlayment has a 10-year warranty against damage caused by excessive vertical subfloor movement (deflection), the only such warranty in the industry. Whether installing stone on wood or cement subfloors, homeowners who include Permat in their stone and tile installations can rest assured their subfloors will indeed support the installation of their tile and stone.